Welcome to the companion monthly magazine to our upcoming book “From the Titanic to the Ark – Handbook to Survive and Thrive in Epic Times” to help you plan, protect and prosper!

We share important aspects in preparing ourselves for transformation. The hardest work will be emotional as we welcome a complete shift in paradigm (our view of the world and our relationship to it) – in other words there will be no familiar frame of reference since change at this order of magnitude is not history repeating itself. What's more, nobody has been here before....which is to say we are all here on the leading edge - no followers looking for leaders, no leaders gathering followers - we do the work together shoulder to shoulder…and we’re making it up as we go!

For our well being, it is crucial that we do so consciously! Should we be asleep at the wheel, we couldn't help but waste valuable energy resisting 'ever changing form' by projecting our perspective backward in guilt or forward in anxiety – this is giving away our power. Rather, by becoming self aware and authentically present, we arouse the genius within while summoning creative intelligence to work through us – standing ever ready to anticipate and harmonize with real time events. And of course, let us look to one another side-by-each for support and encouragement. The obvious starting point is right here, right now. Surf’s up – let’s catch a wave!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Power Of Authentic Presence





Key Distinctions/Insights:
When we sent out invitations to family and friends for Christmas dinner, we suggested that no one bring presents - in keeping with the spirit, our presence will be the perfect gift! 

Everyone agreed whole heartedly - homemade would be fine though not necessary! Dinner was fabulous - we had such a great feast and conversations, and finished off the evening gathered around the piano  for a carol sing-along (5 Gold(en) Dogs....4 Chanting Saabs, 3 Friends Sing, 2 Grand Parents, makes a Party of Frivolity!) in German, Spanish and English - my daughter Amanda on piano, and my daughter Alexandra on guitar. There was a lot of bliss, love and great vibes that evening!
One day later, a surprise arrived in the mail - one of the best Christmas presents anyone could hope for! Particularly for this mom and life coach. Living an authentic presence does more than one can possibly realize and every now and again someone will point it out!
Personal Story: On Dec 26th, my daughter Alexandra (nicknamed Dolly) received a hand written letter (who does that anymore??) in the mail from a new friend Ryan whom she met two weeks earlier in Toronto when visiting her best pal Devon. This letter was the best Christmas gift ever for her and me!! Here are a couple of excerpts from the letter that tell the whole story!

"Dear Dolly! I hope this letter finds you well. Allow me to set the stage for this letter - it's been awhile since I've hand written anything so if you have a hard time reading my hand writing I'm sure your dogs will be able to translate for you because I know it's a little 'ruff'! oh ya...(news about Devon and friends)....As for me – I’m about to leave to head north to spend Christmas with my family. To be honest, this time of year is always a bit stressful. I am asking myself why that is – and in my mind the answer is that there is a lot of pressure to make the time spent the best it can be. What's wrong with that? Nothing I guess, but this is where I tell you how you’ve impacted my life. I don’t see my family too often, and my mom is a little overwhelming at times because she misses us. And sometimes I’m a little distant. But when you showed up that Thursday, and your mom called – there was something so beautiful about the conversation that I overheard. It was so open and accepting and there was so much love expressed so simply. I was a little overcome with emotion and it made me want to hug everyone on that call. It's hard to explain but something happened inside of me and it made me think of how amazing my family is, and how I need to open myself more to them because yes there is possibility of bliss in that, in family! So I just want you to know that I’ll be thinking of you for that, when I’m with my family. With that, I thank you for opening my eyes with so little effort – for just being you! I’m thankful that I met you, and thankful for Devon introducing you to all of us here in Toronto. A renewed faith in the human spirit - that’s what this time of year is about, right?!!....Love Ry xo"

0 comments:

Post a Comment